Chef Yau-Tim LAI
Tim’s Kitchen opened in 2000 by Chef Yau-Tim LAI and his family. From a small bistro to be a well-known Cantonese cuisine restaurant, Tim’s Kitchen now have 6 branches, two in Hong Kong, one in Macau, two in Shanghai PRC and one in Shenzhen PRC. The excellent traditional Cantonese cuisine and on-site private catering style won the foodie’s heart.
Born in Hong Kong, Chef Yau-Tim LAI is the founder and group director of culinary of Tim's Kitchen. He started his career in 1967 in the age of seventeen. He followed the legendary Cantonese cuisine chef, Master Choi LEE, as an apprentice in the banquet department of the Hang Seng Bank. From an apprentice to be a Master, he worked in the Hang Seng Bank for 33 years and retired in 2000. He opened the Tim’s Kitchen Hong Kong in the same year summer.
Tim’s Kitchen was awarded Michelin Star every year since 2009. Tim’s Kitchen Hong Kong was awarded its first Michelin-star and two Michelin-stars for the Macau branch in 2009. In 2011, both Hong Kong and Macau received two Michelin-stars. Tim’s Kitchen Hong Kong also awarded Asia’s Finest Restaurants by The Miele Guide from 2010 to 2012. Tim’s Kitchen Shanghai was awarded best restaurant selection by Modern Weekly Magazine in 2011 and 50 BEST by Food & Wine Magazine China in 2012, also one of the selection of the first Michelin guide of mainland China : ‘Michelin Guide Shanghai 2017’.
In 2009, Chef Yau-Tim LAI was awarded as the ‘International Master Chef for Chinese Cuisine’ by the World Association of Chinese Cuisine. In 2010, He was invited by the World Gourmet Summit in Singapore as a Master chef. He presented an Epicurean Delights menu at The China Club Singapore. In 2011, He was invited by Hong Kong Tourism Board to do a promotion for Hong Kong cuisine, collaborated with Michelin two stars chef Tim Raue in Berlin and Michelin three stars chef Pierre Gagnaire in Paris. In 2013, he was awarded 'Asian Cuisine Chef of the Year (Regional)' by Award of Excellence in Singapore. He also invited by ‘Where Chefs Eat’ in 2013. A worldwide publish restaurant guide to introduce where the 400 world leading chefs have their meal. Chef Yau-Tim LAI is one of the only two Chinese cuisine chefs invited by them. In 2015, he was invited by San Sebastian Gastronomika, Spain as a masterchef, introduce traditional Cantonese Cuisine.
Oversea guest chef invitation also included:
- In 2005 Christmas, 2006 & 2007 Chinese New Year, invited by Wing Li (the only Michelin Starred Chinese Restaurant in North America in that period) . Wynn, Las Vegas.
- In 2006, invited by JP Morgan to Indonesia and Singapore for private catering.
- In 2009, invited by Villa Du Lac, Shanghai to do a 2 weeks promotion.
- In 2011, became consultant of Unilever Food Solution China, present forum and demonstration in 4 China cities, Guangzhou, Shanghai, Beijing and Xi On.
In October 2011, invited by Fu Shui Inn, for a 10 days promotion in Resort World Sentosa, Singapore.
- In September 2013, invited by Imperial Rama, Resort World Genting Malaysia, for their 48th anniversary celebration.
- In 2014, invited by Plaza Hotel Seoul, Korea, for a 5 days promotion.
Design menu for business class of Air Macau in 2015.
- In May 2015, invited by Sani Resort, Thsosnoliki, Greece, for the food festival ‘From Silk Road to Rome’, to do a 4 night dinner promotion.
- Quest For Stars by Life Inspired TV Channel (Link)
- Documentary of Radio Television Hong Kong (Link)
- Demonstration in San Sebastián Gastronomika 2015 (Link)
- Kitchen mpossible 2016 (Link)